Thursday, December 28, 2006

a long time coming =)





Hi everyone!!
I know, I know, it has been FOREVER!! and a TON has happened since my last post!
So, as a lot of you already know, i did not make it to Las Vegas like i had hoped. i did however make it to San Antonio, Texas. Yeah! i love texas. so i am working at the Omni La Mansion Del Rio hotel in downtown. I am the Pastry Sous Chef of two properties both Omni and right across the river from each other. it is a ton of work, but it is very fun. I love everyone i work with. they are fun and outgoing and very nice.
one of the big things that i don't like is that i have to work on Sundays so i don't get to attend a church down here. i did go christmas eve and the service at Redeemer Pres is much like ours at home and they are all very nice. i thnk that people in texas are just nice.
the first picture is of the hotel i work at. the second is of the wedding cake i just made for. it is not the first wedding cake i have ever made, but it is the first one i have ever made that is actually for someone. so i was really nervous while making it.
I miss st louis and chicago. SA is completely different than sstl or chi-town. but it is growing on me.
so, i PROMISE to start blogging more!!! ttfn

7 comments:

Jeff Meyers said...

Yeah. She's alive! Hey, nice cake! Did they like it? Did you take those pictures with your new camera?

Becky Meyers said...

i dont know if they liked it. i left work before it was delivered. yes i used my new camera

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cake! You really are an artist. Glad to have you blogging again. You're in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

Good to hear from you, Becky. We missed you at Christmas, but are glad for your new job. San An sounds nice! (and looks warm!) Your cake is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Becky, sorry I missed you when you were home. I am feeling better. Sorry that we couldn't visit you while we were in Texas. I think of you often. Your wedding cake is beautiful. Keep blogging so we can keep up with your life. --Annie

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new job. Beautiful cake!

Anonymous said...

Hi Becky, the cake is lovely! Congratulations on the job as sous chef. I am glad you are back to blogging.

Christine (FPS alum)